Monday 11 January 2016

Life changing Love and Grace of God




Introduction 

I was born in a Protestant family and had a mother who was fervent in her prayer and passionate about her love for Jesus. She made me read Bible daily, pray and led me to have a relationship with Jesus. I always have been regular to church, Sunday school and as I grew up became part of other organisations meeting for prayers and evangelizing to the lost. As a grown  up I considered myself as a mature Christian who was capable of leading others to Christ. And think what..... I even got the opportunity to lead many to Christ who are still in their faith and have grown in their love for Jesus.

But over the past 5 yrs something happened to me. God met me in a powerful way and the eyes of my heart were opened in a new way than before. It all started with times of prayer with one of my friend for a year and then another friend came into my life and they kept me encouraged and motivated to grow in what God was revealing to me. We prayed, spent hours talking about what God was doing in our life and we wanted to grow in the Lord. Behind closed doors I and my 2 friends spent hours seeking God in times of prayer and by spending time sharing encouragement into each others life. As the Bible says - Seek and you will find - we were led by God to new experiences and truths. We started to hear wonderful messages from others preachers and God continued to encourage and reveal his truth to us. Though as said above I was born into  a family which had faith in Christ suddenly I began to see God as never before. Looking back today I could understand what brought that change. Its the revelation of the GRACE and LOVE of God.


In the beginning when this happened it was as if I had got a big lottery / treasure. I was exuberant, could not contain myself, wanted to scream from the roof top. God led us to new truths. This revelation of love and grace of God was so nice in one side but on the other side it shook the whole foundation on which I had built my faith. I felt bad, felt frustrated and felt like everything has crumbled and I was left with nothing. But God built me up, he edified me and brought hope and joy.  Slowly slowly the nature of God was revealed and his unconditional love towards me was made known.


As I grew in this love and grace of God I came to know the lies and wrong believes over which my faith was built.The love and grace of God was revealed in a new powerful manner and this laid new stones in the place of the old ones which were removed from my belief system. A new perspective was brought in and life took a new turn.

The same God looked so different now...... he unconditionally loved me and showed his grace in an amazing way whenever I made mistakes in my life. He changed me inside out and made me new person. These changes have brought much freedom into my everyday living and its a joy now to be a child of God and live with a new identity.

After almost  5 years of my journey I am now more sure than ever, that there is much more for me to know, understand and change in my life. But as of now I just wanted to share a few thoughts regularly with  you all. Hope this will challenge you to think, seek God and find truth in Christ that can change your life too as it has done to mine.

Points to Ponder

The first thing that was revealed to me was about the love of God. I knew God loved me, I knew he died for me, I knew he loved unconditionally. But the love of God was revealed in a new way and this experience changed my life down side up for good.

GOD IS LOVE

Any person will immediately agree that God is good and loving. We as Christians believe God IS Love. Have you ever taken note of your thoughts and belief to analyse how practically is this belief evident in your life. Below are few questions to help you to think in this regard and ponder.


  1. Whose love is big - Earthly parent / God?
  2. In reality who is love is unconditional?
  3. Who sacrifices because they love the child?
  4. Who is more watchful?
  5. Who shows love and grace when a child does wrong?

Try thinking these questions. Not from what you know or just because Bible says. Think how these questions play a role in your every day life. 



I will continue this discussion in the days to come till then have a blessed day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment